Teacher Fun Facts
Our Teacher Appreciation Committee works hard all year long to help express our collective appreciation. If you’re looking for a fun way to treat your teacher to something personal throughout the year, click here to check out their fun facts, including likes and dislikes 🙂
Fall Festival Presenting Sponsor
Current Events & Announcements
We invite ALL Mitchell families to join our PTA. Please note that ANYONE is welcome to join our PTA, whether or not you have a child at Mitchell. Click here to fill out the online forms to join PTA and/or the free and secure online directory. Please wait until you have your teacher assignments before completing the forms!! You must submit new forms each school year to join PTA and be included in the online directory. Thank you.
PTA Information Welcome Packet | 2022-2023
Whether you’re new to Mitchell, new to PTA or just have questions about it all, we have your answers here! We’ve compiled a PTA Welcome Packet that includes all you need to know about PTA events, volunteer opportunities and the PTA Board.
Teacher Preference Sheets
Our Teacher Appreciation Committee works hard all year long to help express our collective appreciation. If you’re looking for a fun way to treat your teacher to something personal throughout the year, check out their preference sheets here, including likes and dislikes and wish lists.
GET A HEAD START ON VOLUNTEERING! If you plan to volunteer at school this year in any capacity such as reading in the classroom, mentoring as a Bobcat Buddy or chaperoning a field trip, you are required to apply online with the school district before you are able to volunteer. If you are returning as a volunteer from last year, you can reactivate last year’s volunteer application. *PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL VOLUNTEERS NEED TO RE-APPLY FOR SCREENING EACH YEAR. *Volunteers will not be permitted on campus unless signed in with a valid driver’s license.
It takes a village to raise a child. Most of our operating budget comes from the our generous Business Sponsors and the Fun Run. Here is how those dollars make a difference in our classrooms:
- Teacher classroom funding, used for materials, books, ink cartridges etc.
- Mini-grants for classroom supplies, professional development or special projects
- Upgrades to student technology
- RIF (“Reading is Fundamental”) events where students select a new book to keep
- Student enrichment and family events such as Fall Festival, Literacy Week, Movie Night, Art Night, Heritage Night and Mileage Club
- Meet the Teacher, Tears and Cheers Breakfast, Senior Breakfast and Conference Night dinners for teachers
- Classroom periodicals and educational computer programs
- Teacher and staff appreciation events throughout the year
- Music & Arts program funding, Guidance Department expenses, and Media Center expenses
- Landscaping for the school
- Family Outreach Programs
- and more!