SAVE THE DATE FOR THIS YEAR’S FUN RUN ON SEPTEMBER 20, 2019!!!
This is an amazing experience that combines our biggest PTA fundraiser with a program that promotes fitness and fun.
On Friday, September 6, students will attend a Kick-Off pep rally. The Fun Run committee will execute fundraising efforts over three weeks, including one week after the Fun Run main event. The whole event culminates on the day of the Fun Run, which will be held on a Friday. On the day of the Fun Run, students will cheer each other on as they walk or run laps around the Fun Run track. Please see bottom of this page for the schedule of when grades are running.
Families and friends are invited to sponsor their Mitchell Bobcats for the Fun Run. We ask that each family donate $50 per student so that we can meet our fundraising goal of $35,000 this year; however ANY amount is deeply appreciated!
In addition, this year we are offering 3 levels of PTA Fun Run family sponsorships:
BOBCAT LEVEL: $1,000
- All the benefits of a PAW & CUB Sponsorships listed below, plus:
- Commemorative Fun Run 2018-2019 Golden Paw Print with family name displayed in the Mitchell Elementary cafeteria
- Family Partner recognition in the weekly newsletter
- 4 reserved seats at the Grade Level Music Concert of your choice
CUB LEVEL: $500
- All the benefits of a PAW Sponsorship listed below, plus:
- Family Partner recognition on PTA’s Facebook Page
- Students in your family will receive their artwork at Art Night at no additional cost
- 2 reserved seats at the Grade Level Music Concert of your choice
PAW LEVEL: $250
- Family Partner recognition on PTA Website
- Family Partner Banner displayed year-round in Car-line
- Students in your family will qualify for Fun Run Reward Incentives (no additional donation required and amount will be divided between your children)
- Students in your family will receive a special incentive recognizing your high level of commitment
- An invitation to the Family Partner Recognition Breakfast with Mrs. Anderson and Mr. Moon
*These benefits are given to a family giving a one-time donation in the amount of $250, $500 or $1000. Fun Run Family Partnership benefits will NOT be based on the collective amount of money donated in the student’s name.
*Those Mitchell families who own a business and contribute $1,000 or more will be recognized under BOTH the appropriate Business Sponsorship Level AND as a Bobcat Level Family Partner.
Money raised through this event funds the PTA Programs during the year:
- Teacher classroom funding up to $200 per teacher ($400 for “specials”), used for storage bins, books, ink cartridges etc. ($9600)
- Mini-grants for classroom supplies or special classroom projects ($10,000)
- 3 RIF (“Reading is Fundamental” events where students choose a book to keep ($4500)
- Professional Development Opportunities for teachers ($5850)
- Meet the Teacher, Tears and Cheers Breakfast, Men’s & Women’s Bobcat Breakfast events, and 2 Conference Night dinners for teachers ($4000)
- Classroom periodicals ($3000)
- All teacher and staff appreciation events throughout the year ($3000)
- Take-home folders ($4000)
- BrainPop Computer Program used in classrooms ($1200)
- Music & Arts Programs ($1000), Guidance Department expenses ($650), and Media Center expenses ($2200)
- Insurance, bank fees, office expenses, website costs ($3000)
- Landscaping for the school ($5300)
- Family Outreach Programs ($3000)
All proceeds from this event go to the Mitchell Elementary PTA. There are no third party fundraising organizations involved.